On a day-to-day basis, every business owner knows the importance of everyone doing their job well. Unfortunately, unless you are that one-in-a-million business owner where all your employees work as productively as they should, you probably need GPS trackers for 3 simple reasons:
1. Productivity – Let’s be realistic. Back in those days when you were an employee and you were assigned to visit a client, you were tempted to slack off, even for just a few minutes. Maybe you smoked a cigarette, stopped by a coffee shop or took an extended lunch break. Knowing you can get away with ‘not working’ makes it irresistible for most people. It becomes a habit and affects work productivity negatively on a daily basis.
GPS trackers can record the following information:
- where employees have been
- what time they were at a location
- how long they were there
Employees who are assigned these devices know their movements are recorded and cannot get away with ‘not working‘. Thus, GPS trackers eliminate this irresistible temptation.
2. It’s cheaper than you think – Most business owners are familiar with GPS trackers and assume that these are expensive & require monthly subscription fees.
Most don’t know that there are GPS trackers that have no monthly fees. Basically, you just buy the unit and that’s it! You can use it forever.
Cost for a unit has also gone down considerably over the years. They used to cost an arm & a leg. Nowadays, they’re about the same price as a moderately priced Android phone.
Every business owner tries to keep expenses and purchases at a minimum. And that makes good business sense. However, keep in mind that employees ‘not working’ when outside the office will cost you much, much more in the long run. Delivery people will complete fewer deliveries per day every day. Salespeople on-the-field will achieve lower sales figures monthly.
Return of Investment (ROI) for a GPS tracker can be achieved, typically, in 3 months time. Through increased productivity, your GPS tracker will pay for itself within 3 months. After 3 months, all the benefits you gain from using a GPS tracker is virtually free.
3. Track not only vehicles, but people as well – Most people assume GPS trackers can only be installed onto trucks, cars or other four-wheeled vehicles. That used to be the case.
There are modern-day versions that are battery-powered & can be used to record trips of vehicles or trips of people (walking or taking public transport).
Think about it. There are numerous scenarios where you need to track people not driving company vehicles. Examples are:
- Salespeople travelling out-of-town, to other states / provinces or even to other countries. They usually travel by plane, by boat, rent a car, or some other means of long-distance transportation.
- Messengers travelling using motorcycles / bicycles.
There are many more reasons why GPS trackers would be beneficial for almost all businesses. But the 3 reasons stated above are the more general ones.
If you are a business owner, make it a point to know what’s happening within your company everyday. After all, no one cares about your company more than you do.
Francisco Teng is the owner of Titan Business Solutions, a company focused on providing business efficiency solutions.
Their company’s flagship product, the ATLAS+ Trip Recorder, is an innovative GPS tracker that has helped numerous big & small companies increase sales performance & work efficiency.